Monday, January 10, 2011

It's raining, It's pouring, the old man is snoring!

Actually this rain is very concerning.  It dawned on me last week that all was not well.  It is distressing and a little bit scary.  I don't remember the flood of 1974 - of course I was too young to remember it.  Plus we lived on a big hill so we were very safe.  Luckily again I live up on high ground.  But I have never experienced anything like this before - the rain is relentless.  And heavy.  I don't remember the last time we had blue sky.  The pictures on the news - Toowoomba for example -  are disturbing.  The south east is getting an almighty drenching, and we are powerless to do anything about it.  Mother Nature likes to remind us every now and again who is boss.  Please keep safe, and do everything you can to help those less fortunate. We have friends who have lost crops, businesses and probably livestock too.  I've heard of a rain dance is there such a thing as a sun dance?  Pray for sunshine.

No comments: