Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Brisbane Flood January 2011

The past two days have been surreal.  The events unfolding around me continue to shock.  My thoughts and prayers are with all of those who need them most.  I have been focusing on sunshine - and thankfully we got some today.  I have been thinking of all of the songs with sunshine in them like 'here comes the sun' by the Beatles, anything by the Beach Boys (sun, sun, sun, sun who oo oo oo oo oo oo) and of course who can forget Katrina and the Waves 'walking on sunshine'.  I have banished all songs with rain in them like the Eurythmics 'here comes the rain again'  and don't forget the Doors 'riders on the storm'.  Kind of positive thinking in a way!  Seems to be working, as it didn't rain today for the first time in ages.  Today I helped out one of my dearest friends get her shop flood ready.  Hopefully the water will not reach her shop but it is better to be safe than sorry.  I think I have invited virtually everyone I can think of to stay at our place if need be.  We know people who have lost their homes, been evacuated, stranded and plenty more who are doing their bit to help.  Remember to stay safe.............

No comments: