Monday, December 20, 2010

Do go to 63

Last night of course was the Nutcracker Ballet.  It was magnificent.  The sets were so rich and Christmassy and the costumes were breathtaking.  M, J and I plan to make it a Christmas tradition to go to something like this each year.  Thank you girls for taking me.  It was the best 40th present.

Now my sister B has introduced me to the most wonderful cafe.  63. That's it -  just 63.  This morning we had brunch there.  I love brunch and breakfast.  My absolute favourite meals of the day.  It was rather rainy today so we were tucked up inside.  The place was bustling.  I love the fact that they sell fresh flowers and have fresh bunches of roses on all of the wooden dining tables.  I think you can tell a lot about a place by the clientele and how busy it is.  People you should really go there.  Even the ladies from the red hat society were there.  I had never heard of them before today, I thought my sister was pulling my leg.  But no, they really do exist.  Google them. www.redhatsociety.com.  And yes they were all wearing purple outfits and red hats and were having a right old fun time.  I've never seen anything quite like it.  My sister said to shoot her if she ever ended up doing something like that.  Purple is not her colour anyway.

  They had a cute addition to their menu for the Ashes (that's right the cricket!) which I thought was hilarious.  I ordered the Googly - yes it is a cricket term - google it, I have already forgotten what it means.  Here tis



And my sister B ordered the Hat-trick.  I think mine was yummier.

We both avoided ordering the Warney.  I think Liz Hurley might have ordered it though............

No comments: