Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Wreath Craft

Ask any Mum with kids at kindy or school about the present giving at this time of year!  The kids all like to give everyone in their class a small gift like a candy cane or santa chocolate or a christmas card or something!  As this was my daughter's final year at kindy, I wanted her to give a gift that the kids would be able to remember her by and keep forever, so we made decorations for the tree.



 Are these not fabulous?  And so easy to make.

 We found the stripy pipe cleaners in spotlight and just made them into a circle with a little twist.  Then we put these 'twisty bows' on them and attached ribbon to hang.  Voila!  No glueing, no fuss.  Dead easy and quick.



  We made quite a few.............  So we have been giving them to teachers and friends & family too.  I was inspired by these numbers from when I was a little girl.




  And also the street decorations that you get on the Gold Coast - remember those from the 70's and 80's?  I think they still have them - I am sure that I spied some along the GC highway the other day.

No comments: