Thursday, March 3, 2011

Oscar looks I love

Kelly Osborne in Casadei


Sharon Stone in Dior

Reese Witherspoon
Reese Witherspoon in Armani Prive

Kelly and Sharon both sported some serious 60's beehives, while Reese did a gorgeous 60's pony.  I have always been a fan of BIG HAIR.  I remember being at a girlfriends wedding years ago, and I had fabulously big hair for that.  The groom later told me he kept focusing on my hair when his nerves got the better of him up at the altar! I think I was sitting somewhere in the back half of the church.  How hilarious is that! I know these are not necessarily the best shots taken of Kelly & Shazza but it was all I could come up with.  Trust me they both looked gorgeous. Here is a better close up of Reese. 
2011 Academy Awards - Oscars After-Parties - Reese Witherspoon and Michelle Williams
Reese Witherspoon & Michelle Williams
 Now when it comes to frocking up it is always important to DRESS YOUR AGE.  Here are a couple of perfect age appropriate numbers.........  This young actress was in "True Grit".
Hailee Steinfeld
Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa
Helen Mirren in Vivienne Westwood
Helen Mirren in Vivien Westwood
 And from one fabulous English actress to another............
Helena Bonham Carter
Helena Bonham Carter in Coleen Atwood
 These next few looks are what I refer to as the MODERN  GIRLS of the Red Carpet..
Michelle Williams in Chanel
Michelle Williams in Chanel
Cate Blanchett
Cate Blanchett in Givenchy couture
Gwyneth Paltrow
Gywenth Paltrow in Calvin Klein
Celine Dion - Armani Prive - Oscars 2011 - Academy Awards
Celine Dion in Armani Prive
I know you are probably thinking that Celine Dion is an  odd choice for me.  But I liked her frock.  And her necklace.


close up of Celine's necklace
 And these ones I just LOVE
Penélope Cruz
Penelope Cruz in L'Wren Scott
 How gorgeous is Penelope????????????  I mean really!!!!!!!!!!!

Virginia Madsen in Romona Keveza


Georgina Chapman in (wait for it) Marchesa


Liv Tyler in Givenchy Haute Couture
And who could forget Anne Hathaway.  Here are three looks.
Anne Hathaway
Anne Hathaway in Oscar de la Renta
Anne Hathaway
Anne Hathaway in Valentino

Anne Hathaway in Givenchy
Of course the Oscars are all about the fashion to me.  I didn't even watch the ceremony and have absolutely no idea who won!  Please note the majority of images are from Instyle.com - check it out for even more Oscars fashion..........enjoy xx 

3 comments:

designchic said...

So many gorgeous looks...a truly elegant evening. I can hardly believe the transformation that Kelly Osborne has made...astonishing!!

cocolini said...

I know!!!!!!!!! She was so well put together, I really loved her dove grey gown as well as the hair! I wish people would dress up more for things these days.....

chateaudelille said...

Some lovely dresses for sure. Very entertaining! Fiona