Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Pretty in Spring

I found these gorgeous green carnations at woollies  - I have never seen them in this colour before!  I am not normally a fan of carnations but they sure do last and look amazing if displayed well.

[caption id="attachment_35" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="fresh flowers"][/caption]

And of course who can forget the Cup!  It was my first proper "ladies lunch" in ages.  It was quite a glamorous affair.  Champagne, French Martini's and a $5 bet (such a gambler I know!)  The effort put in by the women has to be admired - impeccable grooming with such attention to detail co-0rdinating fascinators, frocks and accessories.  All with such a wonderful sense of occasion.  Dressing up is good for the soul I say.  We need to do a lot more of it!  This is what I wore - well my fascinator, purse and nailpolish.  This opi colour is my new favourite neutral pink "dulce de leche"  All were teamed with an old favourite Lisa Ho frock in the above carnation green, and an Alannah Hill pink bow.

Enjoy.........



[caption id="attachment_33" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="My Melbourne Cup colours"][/caption]

No comments: