Friday, October 5, 2012

Old Hidden Vale


We all need a break every now and then.  Sometimes a weekend getaway is the perfect choice.

Inside our cottage
 For us recently it was a drive into the country with good friends for a trip to Spicers Old Hidden Vale.  http://spicersgroup.com.au/property/spicers-hidden-vale-grandchester-qld


Old Hidden Vale is an historic old cattle station in Grandchester, just west of Brisbane.  Perfect for hiking, mountain bike riding (if you are so inclined), horse riding or just doing nothing & relaxing.  I went for a hike but spent most of my time relaxing......

bougainvillea growing out of an old tree stump
 What a brilliant solution for prettying up an old tree stump.  I was so impressed by this idea & would like to try it one day.
massive & magnificent bougainvillea hedge
 This bougainvillea hedge was stunningly beautiful.  It must have been planted years & years ago, judging by the size of its branches.  I had no idea that you could grow it like this.








This is a great spot for a true Australian country experience.


Are your bags packed yet?

cheeky chook







I absolutely love this archway.......




 Sundrenched countryside.


I fell in love with this print of the old wash bucket & soaps.  Of course I cannot remember who the artist is.
umbrella holder
I want this umbrella holder!

Dining with friends Kath & Rick
How do you like to spend a weekend getaway?