Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Princess Beatrice best dressed if it weren't for.....


I wasn't going to weigh in on the outfit Princess Beatrice wore to the Royal Wedding - but I feel compelled to after what I have seen and heard!  My goodness people!  I want you all to put yourselves in her shoes (or hat) for a moment.


Princess Beatrice looked stunning in Rachel Gilbert

You choose an elegant nude coat dress and matching accessories to wear to your cousin's wedding.  The designer of choice - Valentino.  Perfect.  Now the dress code strictly states that a hat must be worn to the Abbey.  Who shall we choose......um.....let's see..........  Philip Treacy.  Yes.  Let's go with Philip Treacy. I believe he is doing many hats for other guests, so he should be a safe choice.

Valentino & Treacy - a winning combination right?  What could go wrong?


Princess Beatrice's hat by Philip Treacy

Warning bells started to go off for me when I saw Princess Beatrice arriving at the Abbey and she could not sit properly upright in the car. I started to wonder what was wrong........


Bea in the car on her way to the Abbey

Did you see the size of that car?  There was quite clearly plenty of head room!


Princess Eugenie & Princess Beatrice

I get the look Princess Beatrice was trying to achieve - elegant, understated, polished.  And she would have nailed it if it weren't for the hat.  So please don't criticize her so cruelly.  I believe the responsibility for how the hat looked rests solely on the shoulders (or should I say head) of Philip Treacy.  After all, she is 5th in line to the throne, it was his responsibility to make sure it suited her and was appropriate for the occasion.


the Philip Treacy hat everyone is talking about

Now in my humble opinion, I thought her outfit was elegant and it was a very polished look.  However the hat needed to be about 1/3 of the size.  I mean the hat itself is exquisite, but boy did it make headlines for all the wrong reasons. It did appear that she had antlers in some camera angles. 

Beatrice next time if in doubt - don't wear it!  Have a stylish trusted friend in your corner to help ensure your look is flawless.

Did you know that Princess Beatrice is putting the hat up for auction on EBay to raise money for UNICEF and Children in Crisis.  Go on, bid for it I know you are dying to.........

Now as for Philip Treacy............

No comments: