Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Royal Wedding Jewels





The Cartier Halo Scroll Tiar 1936
 
I loved the Royal Wedding.  I sat glued to my tv wearing a tiara from start to finish.  Here are some of my favourite moments and details in the next few blogs.  I know it was just a little over a fortnight ago but I am still basking in Royal Wedding fever.

Let's start with the jewels.  You cannot have a Royal Wedding without a tiara can you?  This one was mouth wateringly beautiful.


This was Kate's something borrowed.  From the Queen no less.  It was created by the house of Cartier in 1936.




HRH Princess Margaret of the United Kingdom
Princess Margaret in the Cartier Halo/Scroll Tiara
The then Duke of York (who later became King George V1) commissioned it for the Duchess of York (the late Queen Mother).  The tiara was later given to Princess Elizabeth (our Queen) on her 18th birthday.

Princess Anne wearing the tiara too
 How groovy does Anne look?

Kate Middleton wears the Cartier Halo/Scroll Tiara
 The gorgeous Duchess of Cambridge!  I just love the jewels she wore! Stunning!  Stunning!  Stunning!  Her mum & dad had earrings custom made by Robinson Pelham to match the dazzling tiara.  Aren't they sensational?  What a lovely present.

Robinson Pelham custom made earrings to match Cartier Halo/Scroll Tiara
The acorns were inspired by the recently created Middleton Coat of Arms.


Middleton Family Coat of Arms
The three acorn motifs represent each one of Carole and Michael Middleton's children - Kate, Pippa and James.  I love the way the children have been included in this way..........

More Royalty to come...........stay tuned...............

  • Middleton Family Coat of Arms credit - Mr Thomas Woodcock (Garter King of Arms & Senior Herald in England) based at College of Arms, London
  • Cartier
  • Robinson Pelham

4 comments:

chateaudelille said...

I loved this info! You are very clever to find the info. I want to do a post too so I have my own momento. Has the parcel arrived yet? Fiona

cocolini said...

Fiona my parcel arrived this week. Love it! Love it! Love it! Plan to do a blog on it actually. Thank you soooooooooooo much. The bracelets are beyond gorgeous. Have been meaning to contact you, this week has been very full on busy. hope you are well. love cocolini

Gabrielle said...

My goodness. What a lot of research.

cocolini said...

Not really. Just obsessed with jewellery and the story behind the pieces.........